Saturday, April 25, 2009

Challenges

For some reason, I'm only able to focus on the bad stuff from the last week: losing $15 at poker, checking on the status of a claim through the county clerk, feeling so overwhelmed by finances I can't sleep, finding out a 21-year-old former assistant of mine got a summer job I applied for and never heard from to even interview, or working 8 hours straight today with barely enough time to eat my lunch (if you can really call a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and an apple lunch). I guess this is somewhat healthy and normal. I mean, one cannot be optimistic at all times in the face of hard times. Ignorance may be bliss, but above all, ignorance is ignorance. To be clear, I'm not ignorant of my problems, nor have I been blissful for what seems like years. I do like to put up a strong front as much as I can for several reasons. One is that I don't want to air my dirty laundry, and one is that I want to appear strong. But I am just overwhelmed this week for some reason.

I ran across this website the other day, despair.com, which I remember thinking was amusing a few years back. They're that company that makes posters and coffee mugs and things with images of a circle of skydivers (for example) with the caption "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Or the light bulbs with the caption "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots." They call them Demotivators.

Here's the one I relate to most right now.




















They also have a fantastic item called The Pessimist's Mug.

1 comment: