Saturday, December 13, 2008
Unresolved
I dug up last year's journal to look at my 2008 resolutions and to see if I managed to keep them. Only one of the four resolutions I made in January has not been kept at least in part despite several healthy attempts and one very determined effort. At one point, I forgot about it altogether, but I'm glad for the reminder now. I am reassured that my instincts one year ago were correct. It saddens me to think I could have avoided some grief had I simply followed this resolution, and I feel a little bit defeated. However, it is with fresh resolve that I renew this resolution: the more difficult the challenge, the more fulfilling the reward of its completion will be. And I know that I will be a better and stronger person for it.
Labels:
2008,
new year,
resolution
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment