Sunday, December 14, 2008

Optimism is the New Black

High of 55 tomorrow!? No way!

Tack that on to a free opera dress rehearsal, a free invited dress of Nut/Cracked in Milwaukee, and a free holiday musicale salon that my neighbors hosted today, and I'm having a pretty good week.

I'm newly enrolled with a temp agency (something, honestly, I should have done a year ago), and they raved about my high score on the proofreading test, so I'm hoping for some good assignments in the near future.

In addition, I received an email about an interview next week. And I found out my cousins will be in town when my brother and I are next weekend!

Tonight, my new roommate and I sorted through our iTunes and played stuff we thought the other might like but didn't have, or stuff we liked that they hadn't heard of. I played her Dar's "February" and said, "There's something about an acoustic guitar and a cello that makes my heart melt."

If I were to allow myself to think such things, I might say things are starting to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment