Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Return Of The Hunchback

So this week was my rehearsal week for Hunchback in Chicago. It was also the only week I have to prep for the tour, which didn't get done, and fortunately they're going to compensate me for my time next week (which will include the prep I did before rehearsals--meetings and schedules and stuff). Also, the show tends to injure all of us--I've got 2 splinters, 3 scrapes, and 4 new bruises!

The show is in good shape. I adore, ADORE, this cast and our show. I love my director, and we got a lot done this week. I feel like we will be fine to tech in NY if I get my stuff done this week. I have meetings planned with my sound designer (who is NOT coming to NY with us), and my lighting designer (who is). I'll be in touch with the replacement PM re: tech schedule and the TD re: the completion of notes and a packing manifest for the truck, and I'll be there for the truck load on Friday. I'm also unofficially the company manager on this tour, so that should be fun!

Also this week:
  • On Tuesday, I went to see Dirty Dancing on stage. It was intended, I believe, to recreate the film, so I was a little disappointed they didn't make any new choices, but I thought it was adapted for the stage quite effectively, and I was very entertained.
  • Last night I went to see the film "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist." It was very entertaining. I thought the screenplay, the design, the casting, and the acting were great. It was funny and tender. Totally my kind of movie.

This morning, the RCN man installed my new interwebs so I can cancel the expensive comcast service I've been shelling out for, and tonight I'm co-hosting a wine and cheese party with some of my girlfriends. The RCN man was supposed to come by between 11 and 2, but called me at 10:30 and was in and out by 11:15. I had to reconfigure my wireless router after he left, but that didn't take too long and now it's all working!

No comments:

Post a Comment