Anyway, after any good week out of town, returning to life, already in progress, is never pleasant. This time it proved messy, both metaphorically and literally.
1. I have sent in written notice to cancel my membership to Columbia House, and I have kept up with the "Director's Selection" since the end of August, and yet upon my return, there are 2 DVDs in the mailbox.
2. I received a notice in the mail that is confusing on multiple levels. First it's not clear what a Toll Violation is (though I imagine that someone thinks I ran a tollbooth). Second, it's not clear where the violation took place, other than on the Illinois Tollway. Third, this is a final notice, but I never received a first notice. Fourth, on the date listed, I was not on the Illinois Tollway, nor was my car. So I have some red tape to jump through.
3. Apparently Target closes at 9pm on Sundays. I didn't have time to get to Target to buy a ball for 4-square, so I have to leave uber-early tomorrow to be at Target at 8am before I go to the IDES office at 8:30am when they open and hope I can get my case settled and have time to prep before rehearsal starts at 10am.
4. My roommate moved out yesterday and I've got a potential roommate coming to look at the place tomorrow, so I'm cleaning up the mess she left behind (dust bunnies, etc--see picture to the right--but also furniture, books, magazines, canned goods, etc.). I'll tackle the fridge and freezer after I get a "before" picture.5. I can't find a set of sheets that I know were here when I left.
So yeah, I'm a little cranky tonight, as my poor parents can attest to. I also didn't get very good sleep the past couple nights and had very long days both Fri and Sat. I just hope I get everything done in the morning and don't let it affect my rehearsal day...
Good luck getting through your day today Denise! We love you!
ReplyDelete