Monday, May 05, 2008

Best. Day. Ever.

I exaggerate, but today was pretty great!

I met my friend Mandy for brunch at Violet on Southport at 11, and we ate and talked and parted ways until the fall. Because of our crazy schedules, this was only the second time I've seen her since I got back to Chicago after last summer!

After brunch, Andrea and Roy came over to pick up my extra TV and I helped them move it to their apartment before returning home, sorting out which of my shoes and clothes are staying in Chicago when I go away for the summer, and moving them to the back closet or the top shelf of my closet. Good time. I also rediscovered my "arts & crafts" drawer and decided to toss some supplies into the pile of stuff that's coming with me. My room already looks barren and I haven't really packed anything yet.

Also this afternoon, I talked to my friend Caitlin on the telephone and my friend Colleen online. I always wish I could talk to them more, but life always seems to limit our correspondences. But it was really great to talk to both of them--it had been a while.

This evening, I met my college friend Ben--just in Chicago for the weekend--for a late dinner at Grand Lux Cafe. Ironically, I've been to Grand Lux three times in 9 days after I thought I wasn't going to get there before I left town which is why I went 9 days ago, after the concert at House of Blues... Anyway, I hadn't seen Ben in 4 years, since Vinnie and Sarah's wedding. It was so great to see him! I hope to be able to see him this summer if I get to NYC on one of my days off, or maybe in the fall if that probable gig comes through.

While at dinner, I got a voicemail from my friend Derrick which made me so happy I had to save it on my phone so I can listen to it during stressful techs this summer. I am so fortunate to have the amazing friends that I have!

And, as icing on the cake, when I got home, I checked yesterday's mail, and there was something inside for me! A postcard from Aunt Laura in Siracusa! (A) I love postcards, (B) I love Italy, and (C) I love Aunt Laura!

So I had a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment