This afternoon, I met my friend Jessie at Nui Sushi for a late lunch and then caught a late-afternoon matinee of Definitely, Maybe which was quite sweet, but right up my alley for this dreary day in the frozen tundra.
Kevin Kline was pretty fantastic--it was 2 scenes before I recognized him, and Jessie didn't know it was him until I pointed it out in the closing credits.
Then we went back to Nui for cocktails since Monday 6-11 is half-price martinis. Over a French Martini, a Tokyo Rose Martini, and a Chocolate Martini we discussed work, unemployment, and New York City geography and public transportation. We also made friends with our server Ryan who stayed for a drink after his shift and invited us to meet him at a club Saturday night.
Today I caught myself twice correcting people for obvious mistakes, and I felt quite rude. For example, the menu said "Hot Chocolate Molten Cake" (or something very similar beginning with the word "Hot"), and Jessie asked if it was hot, and I said, "It says "Hot" on the menu." The other was when Ryan asked what Long Island was and I said, "It's an island." I also corrected a friend on IM who wrote "exceptable" when I knew he meant "acceptable." I'm going to try to work on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment