The past two weeks have been rather spectacular. The snow in Vail was inimitable and we had some great meals and saw some very swanky boutiques. I got to VA late Wednesday and since then I've been taking it easy and visiting people like crazy!
Yesterday I had lunch with my cousin and then saw a movie. After that I had dinner with my dad and one of his firm partners and his wife at the country club. And then there was today, which was long, and absolutely amazing!
I had breakfast with 2 neighborhood friends I hadn't seen in almost 8 years. We visited for 2 1/2 hours and I felt like we'd only just skimmed the surface. Then I went home for a brief respite before drinks with my gay boyfriend at 2ish, and then lunch with two high school friends and a cousin at 3. The four of us took in a movie at 5 and I went straight from that to dinner with my parents at One Fish Two Fish at 7. I was late meeting up with a high school friend and his wife and 2 brothers for bowling, spent 3 hours with them, and then went for a drink with the high school friend and his wife at Guadalajara for 2 hours. With the exception of an hour in the middle of the day, I was out for 17 hours.
I find it hard to believe that even after such long absences from each others' lives, I have these friends who know me almost better than I know myself. I find it easier to remember who I was when I'm with them, and for that I am so very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment