Well, my last day in Fayetteville was just lovely. I slept in, met Andrea for lunch, and went shopping. I bought some cashmerino yarn on sale at Hand Held, the knitting store, a Christmas present for my roommate at the Oooh La La Boutique, and a couple paperbacks at the used book store. I also stopped in at the French antiques store where the proprietoress raved about the performance she had seen Sunday afternoon (she missed all the excitedment of the power outage). She was so excited about it--she took her mother, her daughter and her husband to the performance, and they got really dressed up. She wanted to know about the "tricks." She couldn't figure out where the Nutcracker Doll came from. She insisted that he couldn't have been hiding behind the cape and he must have come up through the floor! I just smiled and when she pressed me and asked, "How did you do that?" I said simply, "It's the magic of the theatre."
Anyway, after that I trekked back to the Radisson, and did post cards before going to Bordinos for dinner with Alexis and Andrea. We ran into several company members and had a fun little group that closed out the restaurant.
Travel to Detroit went smoothly for the stage managers. The company, I heard, was delayed getting out of Arkansas, so they had to run through DFW (that's Dallas-Fort Worth, for those of you who aren't total dorks like me and know all these airport codes) to make their connection. Once in Detroit, I checked into the hotel and went to dinner at Tom's Oyster Bar with Julie and her beau Dennis.
Wednesday was a long day of tech, and so was today, but we opened tonight to a very enthusiastic audience. And by "enthusiastic" what I really mean is "clappy." Shows like this make all this work worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment