Saturday, December 24, 2005

Happy Ho Ho Ho To You

I think I'm ready for tomorrow.

I hung the stockings with care, and Lord knows I've had plenty of visions of Sugar Plums the past 5 weeks! After the matinee, I cleaned the apartment and wrapped presents while Marianne baked cookies. We've listened to my Holiday playlist twice already!

I wish I could be "home for the holidays," but I know how exhausted that always makes me - the 48-hour trip and all the family obligations that go along with it. I need the time off right now to relax and recharge so I can get through the last 3 shows next week with most of my sanity still intact.

We should have a cozy little group for dinner and games tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to that! And I've been homesick since I had to spend Thanksgiving without my family, so I think I've braced myself for not being with them tomorrow. Particularly because I know I'll see them on Thursday!

And I think they know I'm home for Christmas if only in my dreams.

1 comment: