Saturday, November 19, 2005

Not Your Father's Gatorade

It's been a long, productive, eventful week.

Wednesday Katherine had to take off to avoid some major overtime, and I held down the fort okay. It was a crazy day, though. There was a film shoot in the morning, in Studio B with Apprentice Class in the background. I had to move the piano to the middle of the room for Barre and then move it back after the shoot/before Center. When I told the camera guys I needed to put the piano right where they'd left their cases, they said, sure, they'd be out of there in 10 minutes at which point, I told them they were in the middle of class, and I needed them to move their stuff right now. 90 seconds later, they were clear out of the studio.

Wednesday was also packing day for tour--last-minute copying of paperwork (which really shouldn't have been last-minute, but I wasn't sure how many copies to make when I made them last week). And there was an injury Wednesday that caused changes in the casting.

I went to a meeting on Wednesday because I've joined a volunteer organization of alumni from my alma mater to assist in the admissions process by conducting informational interviews with students who have submitted applications. This is not to say I'm on the admissions committee or I have anything to do with whether or not they are eventually accepted, but I would meet them in person to answer any questions they may have about the school or campus, and to discover the parts of their person that doesn't come across in their GPA, standardized test scores and essay. It sounds like a great initiative, and I'm really looking forward to being a part of it and helping both the students and the university.

The crates had to be packed because they went on the trucks Thursday morning. Which means Thursday & Friday were No Computer Days at work which I found to be almost as liberating as No Alarm Clock Days.

Thursday was our kids day. 90 min of the battle, followed by some Act II, then the Tree Angels for Snow, and then 3 hrs of Party Scene. Also Thursday was an 8 hour photo shoot for Dance Spirit magazine with 4 of my dancers. This was alright only because they were fed and stage management got the leftovers.

And today was my first ever Ballet-In-A-Bag gig with Pierre. It went smoothly for our part, though I wish there had been better communication about certain things. I felt very badly for my lighting director who was done working around 4:30, but had to stay until 9:15 because there was not enough room for all of us in the one car, for example. The six of us who spent all those hours together in that one dressing room totally bonded though, listening to the girls in the other dance group saying things like, "That better not be my Gatorade!" Whatever that means.

I'm afraid I'll be the last HP fan on the planet to see the new movie--I have tickets for Sunday night. And plans to call all of the good HP fans on Monday to dish, including my 9-year-old pen pal in Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment