Thursday, August 25, 2005

"And I'm Back In The Game!"

So, Susan has finally come through for us and we're back online with the wireless network named, coincidentally, susan. I think perhaps the best part of the network reappearing is that Mandy sent me a text message letting me know. What a technologically saturated society we live in!

So, last night was Star Wars in Grant Park with 35,000 complete and perfect strangers. There may have been more I was unaware of, but the only people I knew were the boy I met on the interweb and went out with last week (we'll call him IB for Internet Boy), his roommate (IBR), and the roommate's girlfriend (RG). I was kinda annoyed with IB because I'd told him if he wanted to go, he should get there early. I got there more than 90-min early, and I still couldn't see the screen. They showed up literally 2 minutes before the film started and I was already cranky because I'd had to pee for 45 minutes but couldn't get up lest I lose my spot, or more importantly, the chair I'd rented and given an ID as collateral. Long story short, this boy's okay, but I don't think anything's going to develop past friendship--but I thought RG was super cool and I want to hang out with her some more!

Today was kinda crappy. I had to go out for supplies for the office & first aid kit, so my supervisor asked me to run a couple errands for her while I was out, then I was going to pick up my lunch and then she could go get lunch. So, at about 1:15, I walked 3.5 blocks to the PO, where they were clear out of Change of Address forms (errand number 1: ruined!). Then I walk a block to the Radio Shack where I realize I've forgotten to bring a not-for-profit letter for tax exemption or any petty cash. So, the nice man at the RS lets me gives me the exemption without the paper but I had to call my supervisor for the number. She warns me that the Walgreens won't let me do that and I should come back for the paper. So I do, and back at the Studio, I get recruited to move furniture in the lounge, and then it's 2:00 and my supervisor is hungry--I should have been back by now for her to go get food, so I tell her to go because I'm going to take longer than she is. She goes and comes back, and then I set out again. I get all the way to the Walgreens and load up the basket with most of the items on my list before I realize that I've left the petty cash behind, again. Because she'd called me. So I leave my basket, walk back to the studio, get the paper, walk back to the Walgreens, finish shopping, stop at the 7-11 for coffee for the AD, then buy myself a sandwich. It's 3:30 by the time I get back to the studio and I've done quite a bit of walking. I'm about to fall over from hunger and exhaustion, but before I can eat, I'm asked to set up the video camera in the studio.

Tonight improved vastly over today: I killed some time at Old Navy and then caught the Red Line up to Belmont and went to Giordanni's with Amy who I haven't seen in 2 1/2 weeks and who I just found out is moving to Rochester in October. We split a house salad, a "deep dish" 10" pizza w/sausage, mushroom, green pepper & onion (it was called "Special"), and a slice of Caramel Nouggat cheesecake which was like eating a Snickers Bar cheesecake. Just, yum.

Bonus Points for anyone who can tell me from which movie the quote in the title is.

2 comments:

  1. isn't it from goonies, from the underwater waterfall kiss scene?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, silly, it's from 10 Things I Hate About You after Bianca kisses him in the car after the party when he calls her conceited.

    ReplyDelete