Last night, before any of my actors had even arrived or I'd started rehearsal, the company manager Dan (who reminds me of Pablo at ATL only very silly!) told me he and the Executive Director had been talking about me. After his prompting, I asked what she said, and he told me they both were very impressed with me, said I was a great stage manager, that I was organized and on top of everything and everyone, but also that I was a very warm person and they were looking forward to working with me on this show. That's the nicest thing I've heard in a while.
So, today went well, particularly after last night's disasters. (To review, last night at the same time I was trying to track Pamela down to ok one of our actors to miss rehearsal for a big audition in Toronto, a leak sprung in the basement of the theatre building--this was during half-hour for Kiss Me Kate--and my director and I witnessed an accident on the road in front of the theatre. I called 911, Leigh Ann went to deal with the flooded basement, Pamela's dog died. It was insanty.) So today went well. We were short a Frankie, but our MD had plenty of music to go over with the remaining 3. One of the boys is a little under-prepared, but the director doesn't want us to worry yet. My assistant is good, if a little slow (how long can it possibly take to make 3 two-sided copies of 3 pages?), but she's very cute and a little shy. We'll have to work on that shy part. Can't have a shy ASM, now can we? Best of all, though, she's from Alexandria and goes to George Mason. But I think she's just a first-year.
Okay, that's all for now. Tonight is the big fund-rasier gala to which the crew is never invited, so my ASM and I were invited to the "Ghetto Gala" which the TD and Scenic Designer have been prepping for (ie, they just tossed some beans in a pot, burgers on the stove, etc) while I killed a few hours watching The Family Guy DVDs and writing note cards to my young penpals.
No comments:
Post a Comment