I thought last Saturday felt like the last day of school, but today is 20x worse.
I finished all my Swan Lake paperwork yesterday, and I put the last DVD in to burn overnight last night, so today's been just tying up loose ends (like the remotes Mike asked me to order for the school that fell to the back burner because of Swan Lake). And what makes it worse is that I'm not certain in my heart that I'm coming back here in the fall but everyone thinks I am, so I'm kinda cleaning out my office and organizing things in case someone else is trying to do this job next year. I changed my voicemail password back to the "default", and I left outgoing messages on the cell and office phone as "Stage Manager" instead of my name. I took down the Steamboat Springs trailmap, ballet postcards, baby shower announcements, funny quotes, and self-portrait of my father from my bulletin board.
I guess that's the bitter part. The sweet part is that I'm going to Richmond tomorrow and I get to see Rebecca, Esther, Walter, Aly, hopefully Robbie and the Yokells, Mikey O will be in town, and maybe Candice will come to the show. Plus I might get to meet Esther's sweetie, and I'll definitely finally get to meet Rebecca's husband.
I know I'll be back here next week (at least for Teresa's pot luck going away lunch), but it still feels really weird. And I would just leave now--I'm done working--but I promised Hollis I'd do a little video project for her, and that could quite easily take all afternoon. (Why am I not making her pay me?)
No comments:
Post a Comment