Saturday, January 29, 2005

Drinking and dialing: a morality lesson

okay, so tonight after the opening of the showcase (which went well, thankyouverymuch), I went out with some of my dancers, which is a big ol' FIRST for me. We went to TGI Fridays, and though it started with 4 of them it became 10 of us before it was over. Ironically, among the group were: a. my ex's new girl and b. the girl I would love to set my friend Ben up with. So I'm okay with the ex and his new girl but this was the first time we'd ever been out or anything, and unfortunately, she was sitting behind me in the other booth in the middle of the crossfire of Kate and I throwing sugar packets (which as the evening wore on, became OPEN sugar packets) at each other. So I felt kinda bad for her, and I did apologize for any times I accidentally hit her. Then again, she did participate in the throwing sugar at me, so...

The other girl, on the other hand, is super awesome! She was going on about this bartender from NY she's know forever who likes her and this bartender in town she kinda likes. And I said that she needs a sort of normal boy which she agreed with. But then she told me about this "normal" boy who likes her or she likes him, I'm not really sure. So I called my friend Ben as I walked to my car/started driving home to tell him that I had finally started to make friends with her, but that I think he should stay away because she's got lots of boy drama. In retrospect, I didn't need to call him RIGHT THEN. But when you've had a couple of those strong and quite overpriced TGI Fridays mixed drinks, you aren't exactly thinking straight. Luckily, I don't think Ben noticed I was a little tipsy. But I still felt bad, and I've always sort of been against drinking and dialing, so I felt that I should say something about it. Good thing I'm still good with the backspace or this whole entry would be a mess of typos and spelling errors.

I miss being tipsy. It's kinda fun. :)

Oh wait, was there supposed to be a moral to this story? I'd say making friends with the girl just so I can try to set her up with my friend and being nice to my ex's girl make me morally superior in a public radio sort of way. I'm not entirely sure what I meant by that, but it doesn't really matter right now because I'm tipsy.

Julie, this should remind you of those emails I used to send in college... :)

Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Drinking and Dialing PSA:I'd like to point out that while I was somewhat tipsy when I drove myself home the night of this post, I do not in any way condone drunk driving. And also, if I had been at all in doubt of my driving abilities, I would not have started the car while on the phone. Please do not drink and drive and talk on the phone (or any combination of two).

    (this message was inspired by big brother and the email he sent me this morning)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I did not realize you were tipsy. This could be do to a combination of factors, though. First, I was playing Halo 2 at the time, so I had two guys talking in my headset on the left ear while you were in my right. I, of course, was paying the utmost attention to you, but there is the slightest possibility that I could have actually not been paying attention. Second, you could always sound tipsy to me :) Also, I really hope that a certain dancer is not reading this blog, 'cause that would be weird and I would have to say some cheesy thing like "So, come here often?"

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have no fear, Ben, none of the dancers or staff know about my blog at present. If they did, I would not feel at liberty to talk about them in the manner in which I do. Besides, how would she know I was talking about her (aside from the fact that she was the only single girl in the group)? Don't worry; I don't see myself announcing the blog to anyone at work any time soon.

    And what does that mean I always seem tipsy to you?

    ReplyDelete