Tuesday, January 11, 2005

And In With The New

Okay, so maybe I borrowed the title of this blog from a Dr. Suess book, but can you blame me? "And remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act." Sometimes I forget that and try too hard to find a perfect equilibrium as opposed to accepting the ebb and flow that inevitably continues.

Anyway, New Year, new resolution. Just one, for a change. And here it is: I resolve to take better care of my houseplant and myself.

A very wise friend of mine once told me that you can tell how a person is doing by looking at her plants. Mine was a housewarming gift from my old boss for my last apartment, and even though I've neglected it (for up to a month at a time) these past 16 months, it continues to hang on for no apparent reason.

Family Ski Trip!

Last week was my first family ski trip in 8 years, and it was wonderful up until I hurt my knee. Now I'm not looking for any sympathy, but I'm kinda disappointed because if you're going to get a ski injury, you should have a good story to go along with it. "Moguls the size of VW buses!", etc. But no. Not me. I followed my brother and his brother-in-law over a 5-foot drop into 8" of fresh powder (which really is as soft as it looks), so I should have no excuse. Anyway, at least it wasn't a major injury (I was able to ski off the mountain on it), and it was on our last day (so I didn't miss any valuable ski days).

Anyway, work is still work--and this week we're in talks about the next 3 shows while I'm attempting to archive the last one, so it's a handful to say the least.

Until next time,

deese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment